On behalf of the Edgewater Youth Sailing Foundation, please consider allocating a portion of your charitable giving to our organizations grant program. Detailed on this website are the many benefits your contributions make possible for our recipients. To summarize:
- Your support allows the Foundation to assist individual young sailors and local high school and college sailing teams, creating opportunities they simply would not have without meaningful financial assistance.
- We are a local organization, committed to benefiting Greater Cleveland Area sailors, and to implementing our mission in a simple, direct manner. This means that virtually your entire contribution will be devoted to sailing and program grants.
- We pay no salaries and accept no wages.
- We are proud to note that with the exception of developing this website and carrying minimal administrative costs generally all our available funds are applied directly to these grants.
- We do not share our mailing lists.
- The Foundation is organized as an IRC 501(c)(3), and your donation will be deductible for Federal and State income tax purposes to the fullest extent of the law.
- We have a carefully developed investment strategy and our money is managed wisely. We allocate it prudently, mandating that grant recipients provide at least half of the money they need to sail competitively.
- We are working on establishing an Endowment Fund.
During our time in operation, the Edgewater Youth Sailing Foundation (EYSF) has had the honor of receiving many valuable donations and other contributions from some of our dearest friends, colleagues and supporters in the sailing community. Wed like to take a moment and recognize some of these wonderful people:
Donors receive a tax receipt for the full amount of the gift. Typical foundation contributions are:
- Outright Monetary Gifts in the form of cash, check, distribution or online payment
- 401K Required Minimum Distributions (RMD)
- Memorial contributions or gifts
- Will or Trust Bequests (estate receives the full tax relief of the gift)
- Tribute Gift in Memorial or In Honor of a person
- Gift Transfer of stock certificates, mutual funds, real property, etc.
- Beneficiary Designation Gifts (i.e., EYSF can be the beneficiary of a life insurance policy, annuity, trust, IRA, or other legal contract)
- Publicly-Listed Securities (includes gifts of shares, bonds and mutual funds)
Donations can be made via PayPal or by check.
Edgewater Youth Sailing Foundation (EYSF) is a public charity (PC) exempt from Federal income tax under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
Contributions to EYSF are deductible under 26 USC, Section 170.